Scaled Tanks World Forum

Advanced search  

News:

New Page 1

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I started to collect 1/6 figures  (Read 512 times)

scalawag

• Global Moderator
I started to collect 1/6 figures
« on: July 03, 2016, 07:28:47 AM »

Hi all,

I am new to this scale, but I am loving the quality of some of the stuff which is out there.

Whilst at Tankfest at the Tank Museum Bovington last weekend I picked up this figure.  It is the Hoy Toys Blues and Royals Tank Commander in Afghanistan figure.  I have omitted some of the detail parts and have some additional bits coming in the post to finish him off.  I know that the L85A2 carbine front end parts which comes with this figure would be more accurate for a tankie, but I just loved the weapon with the full L85A2 front end so went with that.

Having had so much fun with that figure I then bought the Easy & Simple Commonwealth Special Forces Middle East Theatre figure.  I had great fun putting this one together as all the pouches are Molle and need threading onto the vest and belt.  The headset was a nightmare to get right, it just did not want to stay in place.  Great field strippable M4 carbine with this figure with lots of extras to go on it too.  The velcro used to hold some items together seems to not work too well. The figure also comes with a jacket, but I decided to just go with the UBACS shirt.
I have no idea how accurate this is to the real special forces from commonwealth countries, but I think it is a great looking figure.

Just boxed figures at the moment, but I am also building up a little collection of loose parts too so who knows for the future.

I hope you like them and I am sure there will be more to follow.

Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up

New Page 1